Glencoe photography workshops
Glencoe photography workshop
MARCH 10-16 2020
GLENCOE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS. RESPARK YOUR CREATIVITY IN THIS SIX-NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP WITH PAUL SANDERS AND MARGARET SORAYA
1 Place remaining
Duration: 6 nights / 5 days
Accommodation: Luxury apartments on the banks of Loch Ness, Fort Augustus Abbey for 3 nights. 3 nights hotel accommodation in Glencoe. Single en suite occupancy in double room. Partners welcome – contact for details.
Included: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Fitness level: Moderate (Most locations within easy walking distance from car parking)
FIND YOUR OWN PATH
Loch Ness and Glencoe photography workshops.
Each day, you’ll head off for a different destination, immersing yourself in the landscape with two tutors who have used landscape photography to support them with major life challenges.
This Glencoe photography workshop is ideal for all levels of photographer simply wanting to be in nature for its healing properties and beauty. It has a balance of group activities, individual projects and one-on-one time with your tutors. Non-photographic partners are welcome and we will accommodate rates and activities accordingly.
GLENCOE & LOCH NESS
Loch Ness is Scotland’s most famous loch. Peaceful, quiet and mysterious.
Whilst Glen Affric is described as the finest and most beautiful of all Scotland’s glens. A mystical mix of lochs, moorlands and native pinewoods. It has an amazing variety of scenery and is a quiet and hidden gem.
Glencoe boasts some of the world’s most spectacular scenery. Such as the grandeur of Glencoe, the rugged remoteness of Rannoch Moor and the iconic mountain views of Buachaille Etive Mor.
- The dramatic glens & mountains of Glencoe
- Rannoch Moor, Glen Etive, Loch Achtriochtan
- The shores of Loch Ness, Urquhart castle
- The deep and beautiful mountains & lochs of Glen Affric
- Freshly prepared home cooked healthy breakfast, lunch & dinner in the abbey.
- Stay at the newly renovated historic Kingshouse Hotel in the heart of the hills.
- Lochside evening by a fire pit
- Slideshows, movies & inspirational talks by your tutors
Glencoe photography workshops accomodation
We will be staying for the first 3 days in the beautiful St Benedict’s Abbey which is situated in the picturesque village of Fort Augustus in the heart of the Great Glen. The Abbey itself is a historic building which has been converted into apartments to provide luxurious retreats on the shores of Loch Ness. Each apartment has 3 bedrooms and its own shared kitchen and living area in addition to the abbeys own facilities. Single (or double if requested )
The apartments are all fully equipped to a very high standard and use of all the Abbey’s facilities including heated pool and spa, gardens which lead out directly onto Loch Ness, huge outdoor chess, tennis courts. Breakfast, lunch and locally cooked dinner is provided.
The following 3 nights will be at the newly refurbished legendary Kingshouse hotel accommodation. Right in the heart of Glencoe with views directly out over the hills. Single accommodation with shared rooms available at a discount. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Paul Sanders and Margaret Soraya both work in an intuitive manner. They are both passionate about helping others develop their own landscape photography.
Paul believes strongly that being present within the landscape is the most important part of landscape photography.
“I love being outside, surrounded by the beauty of the world we live in. It never ceases to amaze me. As I watch the storm clouds blow in over the coast, listen to the waves crashing on the rocky shore or watch sunlight stream through trees on a foggy morning. How blessed we are to have such beauty on our doorsteps.”
Paul is a Fuji X Pro ambassador and former picture editor of The Times. Much of his landscape work involves long exposures.
Margaret specialises in photographing Scotland’s most remote and wild places.
She lives on the shores of Loch Ness and has spent years capturing the loch. Margaret is fascinated by the connection between wellness and being in nature and how solitude in the outdoors can be revitalising for introverts.
Commissions have included travel to Iceland, Croatia, Italy and Boston. Her work has been published widely.
We will collect you from Stornoway airport. Flights depart from Edinburgh, Glasgow or Inverness and connections can be made from various airports including London & Manchester.
Alternatively we can collect you from Stornoway ferry terminal to meet the ferry from Ullapool. It is possible to purchase walk on fares for as little as £12 and to leave your car at the ferry terminal in Ullapool.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you need journey planning advice. You can choose to travel to the island in a number of ways and might want to stop through other islands along the way. The Isle of Skye, Uist and Barra are all possible to tag along each side. Margaret has in depth knowledge of ferries, accommodation and routes and can provide help.
All levels of photographers are welcome. With two tutors, there is plenty time to give personalised attention to all levels.
Non-photographic partners also welcome and we will accommodate rates and activities accordingly. Please ask for more information.
Breakfast, packed lunch & dinner
All transport during the retreat.
Private charter to an uninhabited island ( weather dependent )
Single (or double if requested ) accommodation in Lews Castle apartments. You will have access to a shared kitchen and living area between each 3 bedrooms.
Arrival Date: 11th March 2019
Workshop Dates: 12th – 15th March 2019
Departure date: 16th March 2019
Fitness level is easy and we will match the pace of locations according to the group. No one needs to worry about keeping up! Most locations are within a very easy, short walk.
Bring warm, waterproof clothing, cameras and tripods. Tripod, filters, remote shutters, memory cards and a laptop if you can. There will be a full kit list sent out to participants to help you in your packing.
Travel to and from the island
Breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal provided at Lews Castle.
- Detailed communication beforehand so that we understand how we can help you on the tour. We will allow for personalised attention.
- Perfect if you are wanting to combine a trip with your partner with a photography tour. Non photographic partners welcome.
- Photographic locations from dramatic cliffs, desolate landscapes, roaring wild seas and historic sites on Lewis to beautiful rolling hills and stretches of white sandy beaches on the Isle of Harris.
- A private charter trip out to the Shiant Isles ( weather dependent). Consisting of two islands, islets and outlying rocks and known for their wild coast, fine arches and spectacular basalt formations the Shiants attract visitors from across the world.
- Alongside our standard photographic training, Margaret is also experienced in time-lapse photography and can demo time-lapse to those interested. Paul is a master of the long exposure so will be teaching long exposure techniques.
- Individual attention and a focus on helping you develop.